This is about as simple as it gets, folks. This dish goes by many names – fritata, crustless quiche, tortilla etc, but it’s basically the same thing.
Filling of your choice – mushroom, broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes, peppers, chorizo, ham, etc
- cook anything that needs to be pre-cooked (that means boiling the broccoli, boys and girls).
- beat enough eggs for whatever size frittata you think think you can handle. Add a touch of cream or full fat milk.
- Mix everything into an oven-proof vessel
- Mix in some cheese into the whole thing, and don’t be afraid to sprinkle some extra cheese on top.
- Cover with foil, cook on gas mark 6 for about an hour; remove the foil for the last 20 minutes to give the top a nice crisp finish.
Even an idiot can’t get this wrong!